Family Involvement Brochure – English
Family Involvement Brochure – Spanish
The Parent Leadership Project is a project of the Office of Family Initiatives at the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, EIPLP was created to support parents whose children receive early intervention services. The Project’s main goal is to promote lifetime advocacy, leadership skills, and the development of an informed parent constituency, encouraging early intervention services to be increasingly family-centered. The Project is a parent-driven endeavor, which continually seeks family involvement and input regarding the needs of families enrolled in Early Intervention and is implemented by parents whose own children have received EI services.
Description of the Office of Family Initiatives
The Project staff consists of a Statewide Director, a Communication Coordinator, a Training & Technical Assistance Coordinator, and a Family Engagement & Collaboration Coordinator. All of our staff have received Early Intervention services for their own children and families. We work to inform families about the variety of opportunities to actively participate in the Early Intervention system, either at their local program, within their region, and/or at the statewide level. Some of these opportunities include:
- Developing, supporting, and participating in Parent Advisory Councils (PAC’s) at local Early Intervention programs
- Attending workshops and training programs (check out our upcoming training for families)
- Attending the annual statewide Massachusetts Early Intervention Consortium (MEIC) Conference and parent dinner
- Participating on the Interagency Coordinating Council (ICC)
- Receiving the statewide parent newsletter, the Parent Perspective.
Have you wondered about how your EI Program is doing? Check out the Program Performance Report.
The most recent Program Performance Report is out. This report shares information on how Early Intervention (EI) programs are doing. It is the information that MA EI submits to the Federal government. Find it here.
TRAINING & TA COORDINATOR
FAMILY ENGAGEMENT & COLLABORATION COORDINATOR
Toll-free (877) 35-EI-PLP