Massachusetts Operational Standards: Transition is the process by which a child and family are assisted in preparing for discharge from Early Intervention services.
Transition plans must include the following 5 points of transition and must be developed for all children exiting EI.
- A review of options for the family
- Information for the family regarding the process of transition
- Support available to parents
- Information to be sent to the Local Education Agency (LEA) and/or other community providers
- Specific plan for how the child will successfully transition to the next setting
Information about the Local Education Agency (LEA) and State Education Agency (SEA) Notification And Parent Option to “Opt Out”
Clarification and Guidance on LEA Referrals and SEA Notification: Transition Memo 7.12